Co-financed by the State Budget of the Slovak Republic

Village Ubľa

The village Ubľa was based on the Wallachian law Ruthenian population of origin. It is first documented in writing in 1343 under the name rounded.  It belonged to the estate Drugeth family, the last owners were Szerenyovci. 

It currently has 860 inhabitants. The oldest monument is the Greek Catholic church from the 1828. The First and Second World War remind cemetery and two memorials. The village has a Slovakia-Ukraine border line Ubľa - Malyj Bereznyj.  The village is the starting village to the sites of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage - wooden temple in Russian Bystrej and Carpathian beech forests (site Vihorlat and Havešová).

More in this category: Village Kolonica »

Supported by a grant from Norway

loga
Real time web analytics, Heat map tracking